The Pension Group headed by an IA&AS Officer of the rank of Dy.Accountant General/ Sr.Dy.Accountant General deals with verification and authorization of pension claims of
- All Kerala State Government Employees
- Staff of Non-government Educational Institutions (including schools of local bodies) who are eligible for Pension under Kerala Government Rules.
- Pension cases of All India Service Officers borne on the Kerala cadre
- High Court Judges who retire from the Kerala High Court
- Chairman and members of the Kerala Public Service Commission
- Staff of other Governments drawing pension in Kerala
Other Governments Pensions like Burma Family Pension, Sri Lanka Pension, Singapore Pension, etc.,
- The State Election Commission.
Books for Reference
- Kerala Service Rules Part-III as amended from time to time.
- Appendix X of the Pension (Commutation) Rules of KSRs Part III
- The High Court Judges (Salaries & Conditions of Service) Act 1954.
- Kerala PSC Regulations for Chairman, and Members,
- State Election Commission
Processing of Pension application
Procedure for Submission of Application by the Pensioner and the Process involved in the payment:
1. Submission of signed Application to the Office of the Accountant General (A&E) through his Department in the case of non gazetted officer and direct, if gazetted officer, along with the following:
2. Service book (Date of birth, Date of appointment duly noting the date of retirement, last pay drawn duly regulating pay/Special pay/Personal pay etc. service verification done from date of appointment to date of retirement)
3. Covering letter by the forwarding authority.
Verification & Authorization
Pension Payment Order
Gratuity Payment Order
Two copies of GPO authorisations are prepared, and sent one each to the Treasury Officer and the Pensioner
Commuted Value of Pension
Two copies of CVP authorisations are prepared and sent to the Treasury Officer and the Pensioner.
Receipt of Pensionary benefits authorised by Accountant General
The Pensioner should approach the Treasury Officer for payment of PPO, DCRG and CVP by production of the intimation received from the Accountant General. Payment of DCRG is arranged on production of NLC/LC from the department. In the case of Panchayat employees, DCRG is authorized only after getting the NLC/LC in this office from the department.
Note: For any revision or increase in D.A. on pension, the pensioner should approach the Treasury Officer / Bank.
Authorisation of Pension
Classes of Pension
Retiring Pension –Retiring Pension shall be granted to a Government Servant who retires, voluntarily after 20 years of qualifying service , in advance of the age of superannuation in accordance with provisions of Rule 56
Pension on absorption in or under a corporation, company or body - A Government Servant who has been permitted to be absorbed in a service or post in or under a corporation or company wholly or substantially owned or controlled by the Government etc., and if such absorption is declared by the Government in public interest shall be granted Pro-Rata Pension.
Compassionate Allowance – A Government Servant who is dismissed or removed from service shall forfeit his pension and gratuity. If the case is deserving of special consideration, a compassionate allowance can be sanctioned in accordance with the provisions of Rules. The Compassionate allowance shall not exceed two thirds of pension subject to the minimum of pension sanctioned by Government from time to time.
Commencement of Qualifying Service - Qualifying Service of a Government servant shall commence from the date he takes charge of the post to which he is appointed either substantively or in an officiating or temporary capacity.
Condition subject to which service qualifies
Emoluments mean and include
The term Average Emoluments means the average calculated upon the last 10 months of qualifying service.
If during the last 10 months of his service a Government Servant has been absent from duty on leave with or without allowances which qualify for pension or having been suspended but reinstated in service without forfeiture of service, the emoluments for the purpose of average emoluments will be taken as at what he would have drawn had he not been absent from duty or suspended.
If during the last 10 months of service, any spell of service non-qualifying for pension falls, the above spell of leave should be omitted in the calculation of the average emoluments and an equal period before the 10 months period shall be included.
In the case of Government servant who was on leave during the last 10 months of his service and earned an increment which was not withheld, the increment shall be included in the average emoluments.
Calculation of Pension
The amount of pension is calculated based on the total qualifying service and
the average emoluments drawn during the last ten months by a Government
To whom it is payable
· When a Government Servant dies while in service or after retirement, family pension is payable to the Family.
· The Family for the purpose of Family Pension as per Rule 90(6) means –
- No nomination facility is available for Life Time Arrears of family pension
Calculation of Family Pension
Enhanced Rate -- Enhanced Rate of Family Pension is calculated at 50% of last pay drawn in case of death while in service. The enhanced rate is payable for a period of seven years from the date following the date of death and thereafter at the normal rate. The enhanced rate is admissible only if the deceased employee has not less than seven years of service. In the case of death after retirement, the enhanced rate is double the normal rate, but limited to the service pension. The enhanced rate in such case is admissible for a period of seven years or till the pensioner would have attained the age of 62/67 years of age depending upon the age of superannuation.
Family Pension resulting in a fraction when calculated should be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
Payment of provisional pension made shall be adjusted against final retirement benefits sanctioned to such Government Servant upon conclusion of any departmental or judicial proceedings but no recovery shall be made where the pension finally sanctioned is less than the provisional pension or the pension is reduced or withheld either permanently or for a specified period.
Restoration of Commuted portion of Pension
| Commuted portion is restored after completion of specified years. The specified |
| year the commutation factor reckoned for calculating commuted value, rounded |
| off to the next year.For this the pensioner has to apply to the Pension Disbursing |
| Authority in the prescribed form with life certificate.|